Map of Greece

Greece


Greece has an area of ​131,944.00 square. km, of which 25166.24 correspond to the Ionian islands, the Aegean and the Cretan Sea and is divided into the following geographic regions:
Central Greece and Evia (24 908 sq. km. Km)
Thessaly (13 904 sq. km. Km)
Macedonia (34 231 sq. km. Km)
Thrace (8578 sq. km. Km)
Peloponnese (21 439 sq. km. Km)
Continent (9203 sq. km. Km)
Ionian Islands (2307 sq. km. Km)
Aegean Islands (9071 sq. km. Km)
Crete (8331 sq. km. Km).

Most of the surface, about 80% is occupied by mountains and the remaining 20% ​by plains makes Greece one of the mountainous regions of Europe.The Greek mountains created by the Alpine folds.
The largest plains are on the east side, in Thessaly, Macedonia and Thrace, where the most major rivers are. There are plains also in Central Greece and the Peloponnese and few in Epirus and Crete. The largest plain is in in Thessaly with an area of ​​1,267 sq. km. in the area between Karditsa and Trikala.
Apart from the north side, Greece is washed by the Mediterranean, Ionian, Adriatic , the Aegean and the largest Greek seas, as well as the Thracian, Myrtoon, Icarian, Carpathian, and the Cretan Sea .

The country is full of bays and headlands. Most important are, the Amvrakikos bay, the Evoikos, Maliakos the Saronic, the Corinthian, the Patraikos etc.

The rivers that cross the country is the Aliakmon, Axios, Strymon, Ardas, Evros, Nestos, Arachthos in Epirus, Acheron, Peneus in Thessaly, Kifissos, Acheloos, Evinos, Ilissos the Mornos in Stera Hellas,Spercheios,Alpheus and others.

Lakes, Dojran, Vegoritis, Large and Small Prespa in Macedonia, Pamvotis and Carla in Thessaly, Trichonida, Stymfalis in the Peloponnese.

Lagoons: the Vistonis in Thrace, Logarou in Epirus, Acheron,in Continental Greece Messolonghi and Sperchios.

The main Greek islands are:

Ionian Islands
Kefalonia, Corfu, Zakynthos, Lefkada, Ithaki.

the Sporades
Skyros, Skopelos, Alonissos, Skiathos.
the Saronic Gulf
Salamis, Aegina, Poros,Hydra, spetses

Cyclades
Naxos, Andros, Tinos, Paros, Kea, Milos, Amorgos, Ios, Syros, Kythnos, Mykonos, Sifnos, Serifos, Santorini, Sikinos, Kimolos, Folegandros , Anafi, Antiparos, Delos, etc.

North and Central Aegean
Lesvos, Chios, Samos, Lemnos, Thasos, Ikaria, Samothraki, Psara, Oinousses etc.

Crete and Gavdos

Dodecanese
Rhodes, Kos, Karpathos, Kalymnos, Astypalaia, Kasos, Tilos, Simi, Leros, Nisyros, Patmos, Halki, Lipsi, Agathonisi, Kastellorizo ​​etc.

Map of Greece and Greek islands

Greece map